Mozambique’s reefs and beaches have been unrated for decades. The upside is that - though Mozambique diving holidays are world-class - this is still a relatively well-kept secret. The colours of the unspoiled reefs are vibrant and pristine with many brightly coloured fish such as blue snappers, tiger fish and butterfly fish to be seen. Visibility ranges from 10m to 40m.
Many Mozambique diving sites, such as Manta Reef, are world-famous in diving circles. Other reefs, particularly in the Quirimbas Archipelago, are yet to be detailed. Larger creatures 'to see include barracuda, giant lobsters, manta rays, moray eels and loads of reef fish.
In the far north of Mozambique lies the remote Quirimbas Archipelago. This is a collection of idyllic tropical islands with powdery coral shores. The coral here has not suffered the degradation seen elsewhere due to the complete lack of development.
Around the islands of Bazaruto and Benguerra you might find yourself diving with turtles, whale sharks, manta rays. Or even the elusive dugong. Notable Mozambique dive sites include Two Mile Reef and the Aquarium. This is a favourite with novices and snorkelers.
The Southern coast offers a more affordable Mozambique diving holiday. This area, especially around White Pearl Resort, is well known for diving with the majestic whale shark.
- The warm Mozambique waters teem with 6,000 species of fish
- Leatherback and loggerhead turtles, as well as schools of dolphins are also often seen, especially between July and December. Humpback whales are also spotted between August and October.
- The warm waters off Mozambique’s 2,500 km of Indian Ocean coastline are one of the prime whale shark and manta ray viewing sites in the world.
- The whale shark is an impressive but completely harmless whale which is up to 14 metres in length – It’s usually seen between December and April.
- Sea temperatures range from a balmy 30C in summer to a still reasonable 21C in the middle of winter.
Tailor make it all to suit"Peter got it from the start of my gabbled explanation of reason for trip and abnormal itinerary. He pieced it all together and I always felt confident, even before the trip. " Mr & Mrs Leake, UK
Extremely helpful"Peter was extremely helpful. He answered any questions and concerns I had really quickly. Cedarberg website is great with lots of tips. I thought the booking information and itinerary were outstanding and all the pre holiday information made us feel really looked after. " Mrs Lottie Murphy, UK
Seamless and amazing"Thank you so much, we have returned and we had the best, best, best time! Thank you so much it was seamless and amazing, I would use Cedarberg again. Thank you Maddy! " Mr Ben Cunningham, USA
Popular tours & safaris
We arrange trips to more than 100+ destinations throughout the African continent.
Start planning your dream trip
Need a little help? View our Safari Guide to help you get started
- Best Time to DiveAugust to December
- Marine Mammals5 of the world's 7 marine mamals are found off Mozambique